The Arkansas State Fair Contests is divided into 4 Regions.
Find the Region for your fair and come on that day.
CONTESTANTS MUST BE ON TIME FOR ALL PHASES OF COMPETITION.
|Union||Pope||Tri – County||Ouachita|
|Four State||Scott||Van Buren||Prairie|
JUNIOR ARKANSAS STATE FAIR QUEEN PAGEANT
October 14 – 23, 2022
The Arkansas State Fair welcomes County and District Fair Queens from around the State. The crowning of the Arkansas State Fair Queen is the culmination of a five day event held during the State Fair beginning on Monday, no competition on Friday, and ending on Saturday. All events take place in the Arkansas Building of the Arkansas State Fair Grounds.
Four winners will be chosen from each of the four Regional Contests held Monday through Thursday. Each Regional winner will receive a plaque and the privilege of returning to the finalist competition on Saturday evening. An “Overall Interview Award” will be awarded to the contestant achieving the highest interview score of the top five finalists. The new State Fair Queen will receive the honor of choosing one of the two scholarship opportunities: a four year scholarship to SAU or a scholarship to complete an on-line Master’s degree.
Qualifications, Rules, Regulations and Policies
- Fair Queen Contestants must be at least 18 years of age and not more than 23 years of age on the opening day of your county or district fair pageant and Junior Fair Queen Contestants must be at least 14 years of age and not more than 17 years of age on the opening day of your county or district fair pageant. Any contestant participating in the Arkansas State Fair Queen Competition / Junior Arkansas State fair Queen Competition may only hold their respective county/district title. Contestants holding additional titles of any kind will be ineligible to compete. All winning contestants of the Arkansas State Fair will be required to enter into a contract upon winning their respective titles.
- A contestant or reigning county/district queen must have been born a female and a legal resident of Arkansas. She cannot be, become, or at any time have been, married, engaged, had a marriage annulled, pregnant, miscarried, aborted or have had a child. A contestant must not have ever been convicted of any crime or have any criminal charges pending.
- Past Arkansas State Fair Queens / Junior Arkansas State Fair Queens are ineligible to compete again. Contestants in the State Fair Queen Pageant / Junior Arkansas State Fair Queen Pageant are ineligible to compete in State Fair Youth Talent or Rodeo Queen Contests in the same year.
- A contestant can only compete in the county contest and win the Fair Queen Contest sanctioned by the County Fair that is held in the county where she resides. Attending school in the county does not constitute residency. In the event a contestant whose parents are divorced, living in separate counties, and has been court ordered to reside jointly with both parents, she can only compete in one of the two counties in which her parents reside. This matter must be taken care of before the contestant gets to the state competition. In the event a conflict arises, the Arkansas State Fair Pageant Director reserves the right to verify accurate residency, according to above said court documents or any additional documentation.
- The State Fair is now mandating the county / district to send their county / district winner, the contestant crowned at their SANCTIONED contests, to the state competition. In the event the winning contestant chooses not to attend, the county must then REVOKE the winning contestant’s title and send their runner –up, WHICH will then become their new SANCTIONED Fair Queen. In the event that a contestant CANNOT attend do to unforeseen circumstances, county / district fairs will not be required to revoke the contestants title. The Director, Staff and Management of the Arkansas State Fair will have the sole discretion to determine if the contestant’s circumstance is unforeseen All other county contestants whom competed in their county competition (this physical year) may then proceed to compete in their respective District competition as well as the Capitol City competition. Through these avenues, a contestant will have three opportunities to attend the Arkansas State Fair competition. Capitol City is an open preliminary competition for contestants that have participated in their county and district competitions of that calendar year. In addition, any previous county or district fair queen may participate in Capitol City as long as they meet the age requirements. The Capitol City competition will be held on Saturday, October 1, 2021 at the Arkansas Building of the Arkansas State Fair. Contestants who do not have a sanctioned county contestant to compete in, may go directly to their respective District competition with permission from the Arkansas State Fair Director.
- Entries to the Arkansas State Fair Queen Pageant / Junior Arkansas State Fair Queen Pageant are limited to one contestant from each Fair or contest sanctioned by the Arkansas State Fair. However, counties with two Fairs recognized by the Arkansas State fair will be allowed to send one contestant from each Fair, provided each county holds a sanctioned Fair Queen Contest.
- Contestants are required to be on time for all rehearsals and events. Absent or tardy contestants may be disqualified at the discretion of the Contest Director and/or State Fair Management. If you are unable to attend or be on time, due to an emergency, contact the State Fair Director at 501-690-4809.
- Contestant Resumes must be completed in their entirety. All contestant resumes MUST be submitted to the Arkansas State Fair five business days following their county/district fair. No additions or corrections are permitted once the resumes are received. Each judge will receive a copy of the contestants resume. Resumes MUST be typed and contestants should adhere to grammar usage and mechanics. Contestants are strongly encouraged to have their resume proofread prior to submission. Contestants are MANDADTED to submit a photo at the same time to email@example.com which will be utilized for on-line voting of contestant crowd favorite. Photos MUST BE RECEIVED FIVE business days following their county / district fair as well. NO EMAILING OF RESUMES. ALL participating contestants MUST submit a decorated cookie jar for the scholarship silent auction.
- No entry forms will be accepted after 5:00 pm on September 30, 2020. Entry forms MUST be mailed (NO EMAIL SUBMISSIONS) by the county or district director. Beginning this year, NO entry forms will be accepted from individual contestants. All county and district directors are responsible for submitting their winners entry forms to the Arkansas State Fair. The contestant will receive two gate admission passes and a parking pass.
- All contestants are required to utilize the assigned dressing area at the Arkansas Building. No one will be allowed back stage with the contestants. A complimentary makeup person, hair dresser and assistants will be furnished by the State Fair. More information will be posted on the website as fair time approaches. No other Makeup person or Hair dresser will be allowed inside or around the Arkansas Building.
- Contestants, county/district fair queens competing in the Arkansas State Fair Queen contest / Junior Arkansas State Fair Queen contest must conduct herself properly at all times. Inappropriate behavior bringing unfavorable publicity to herself and/or the Arkansas State Fair may result in the Fair Queen / Junior Fair Queen relinquishing her title and the forfeiture and return of all prizes and monetary awards. Any display of poor sportsmanship and/or unbecoming conduct, any interference and/or disturbance, or any other behavioral problem created by a contestant, county or district directors, traveling companion, parent, relative, or even a supporter of a contestant could result in disqualification of the contestant not only from this year’s contest but all future contests.
- The Contestants of the Arkansas State Fair Queen / Junior Arkansas State Fair Queen competitions must have the physical and mental capabilities to participate in this contest. The winner must also maintain such said capabilities in order to fulfill assigned duties and a strenuous working schedule.
- The State Contest Director and/or State Fair Management of the Arkansas State Fair Queen / Junior Arkansas State Fair Pageants reserve the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and arbitrarily settle and determine all matters, questions and differences in regard thereto, or otherwise arising out of or connected with, or incident to the contest, and the right to amend or add to these rules as their judgment may determine. Any contestant, county/district fair queen who fails to abide by any of the above rules or any rule/statement given orally may be disqualified from the Regional or Finals Contest by the State Contest Director and/or State Fair Management.
Directors will be provided with a complete packet and have the opportunity to also obtain the contest information for the Arkansas State Fair Queen Contest from the State Fair website. Directors are responsible for submitting their contestant’s data to the Arkansas State Fair. Photographs are MANDATORY not an OPTION of choice. Once the Entry Form is received at the State Fair office FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS following their county / district fair, no additions or corrections to the Entry Form will be allowed. The contestant resume MUST be typed and received at the State Fair Office within 5 days of your county or district fair. All contestant correspondence must be made with your director. Do Not call the State Fair Office verifying receipt of your application. Contestants that have been selected to replace a reigning queen will be the only late submissions accepted.
You Must be at the Arkansas Building at 8:45 a.m.
Obtain the appropriate region and day of your competition from the Regional Competition data on the website. Orientation and Rehearsal will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. You must attend the morning orientation and rehearsal in order to compete that evening. No exceptions! No contestant can leave the fairgrounds once you have checked in at the Arkansas Building. If the parent decides to leave the fairgrounds they will have to pay gate admission and parking upon their return
Each contestant must participate in a private interview in addition to Active Wear and Evening Gown competitions. Contestants will need the following clothing:
Private Interview – A dress or suit may be worn in addition to jewelry and shoes of choice – no hats, gloves or purses. No uniforms.
Active Wear – Contestants will receive from their respective directors, an order form for the REQUIRED Active Wear. Active Wear for the Arkansas State Fair MUST be purchased from Kick’s Active Wear and ordered according to the stated directions on the order form. All order forms and a payment of $40.00 MUST be submitted five days following the county fair as well.
Evening Gown – Contestants should choose an evening gown of choice. Jewelry and accessories should be tasteful and compliment the gown. High-heeled shoes are recommended, but not required.
Admission and Parking
Enter the fairgrounds through Gate 11 (see website for map). Passes will be required, which will be given to the respective County / District Directors who will disburse to the winning contestants. Two admission passes and one parking pass will be disbursed to each contestant. There will no longer be a list at the gates. All others must pay gate admission and a parking fee. No permanent parking is available at the Arkansas Building. However, contestants and traveling companions will be allowed to unload at the Arkansas Building and then park elsewhere as directed by security personnel. Passes that are not received due to contest registration being submitted at last minute will not be left at the pass gate. Registration MUST be submitted five (5) days following your county / district fair.
The Interview will account for 50 percent of a contestant’s total score. All interviews will be five minutes long, timed and monitored. The interview points accumulated at the Regional Contests will be carried over to the finalist competition. The Judges and Contestants are not allowed to shake hands or have any physical contact
Active Wear will account for 15 percent of a contestant’s total score. Over-all first impression, physical fitness, energy level, proportion of figure in relation to height and weight, posture, poise, personality, stage presence, and confidence are also included.
The Evening Gown Competition will account for 35 percent of a contestant’s total score. Judging will be based on over-all first impression, beauty, stage presence, personality, grace, charm, walk, appropriateness of evening gown and composite appearance. Each contestant will be asked an on-stage question and will be allowed a maximum of 30 seconds for their extemporaneous response. Her ability to answer confidently, as well as her tone of voice, will be included in her Evening Gown score.
Dressing and Backstage
Contestants must report to the dressing room inside the Arkansas Building at 4:00 p.m. to prepare for the evening competition. The Arkansas State Fair & Livestock Show Association is not responsible for loss/stolen or damage to clothing or other personal items left in the dressing room or in other areas. CONTESTANTS ONLY along with Arkansas State Fair staff will be allowed backstage. Failure to comply with this rule will result in automatic disqualification. No Makeup people or Hair dressers are allowed in the building. NO electronic devices of any kind are allowed in the dressing and backstage area. NO EXCEPTIONS will be given to this policy. Contestants failing to adhere to this policy may face disqualification from the contest. All electronic devices will be taken up during morning rehersal.
Finalists, from each of the four Regional Contests, will be chosen to compete in the Finalist Competition Saturday evening. The finalists are to be in the Arkansas Building at 8:30 a.m., Saturday morning for roll call. The Finalist Contest will begin at 6:00 pm. Any contestant who fails to attend the Finalist rehearsal will be disqualified as a Finalist contestant and will be ineligible to compete again in future contests
The judges will be appointed by the Arkansas State Fair & Livestock Show Association. They will be persons well qualified to judge a contest of this kind. Their decision will be final. Critiques will not be provided to anyone, nor will any contestant, or any representative of a contestant, be allowed to approach the judges at any time.
Fair Queen Duties
The Winner of the Arkansas State Fair Queen Competition will be presented a working schedule that must be adhered to.
YOU WILL BE ENTERING THE FAIRGROUNDS THROUGH GATE 11. VARIOUS GROUPS MAY BE ARRIVING AT THE SAME TIME. THIS INCLUDES SCHOOL BUSES AND LIVESTOCK TRAILERS, RESULTING IN POSSIBLE DELAYS AT THE GATE. ALLOW YOURSELF TIME. NO PARKING IS ALLOWED AT THE ARKANSAS BUILDING. UNLOADING ONLY IS ALLOWED. PLEASE ALLOW TIME FOR UNLOADING TRAFFIC AS WELL.
I-440 Airport Exit
Offering discount room rates for contestants at the Arkansas State Fair & Livestock Show
Access to Gate 11 from Roosevelt Road
South on Schiller Street, along the East fence of the fairgrounds, to the end at Gate 11 on your right. Security staff will assist with directions to appropriate buildings and parking instruction.
Arkansas State Fair Queen
Junior Arkansas State Fair Queen
Welcome to the Arkansas State Fair! The contestant resume is your opportunity for demonstrating to the judges why they should consider you for the job of the Arkansas State Fair Queen / Junior Arkansas State Fair Queen. You may list as many or as few items under each category as you desire. The only restriction is that it must follow the established format and it must be TYPED fitting on one (1) page. All information that does not fit on one (1) resume page will be discarded. The judges will receive exactly what is submitted on one (1) page. After the resume is received by the Arkansas State Fair, no additions or corrections will be allowed. All contestants are highly encouraged to have their resume proofread prior to submission. Contestants should adhere to correctly utilizing grammar and mechanics in addition to spelling.
- All margins should be set margins for 1″ on all four sides. The font style may be no smaller than “10” and no larger than “12” point type, using only the Times New Roman font style. Please refer to the attached sample to verify you are following the requested format.
- You are now ready to begin! The contestant “Name” will be the first filed completed. The contestant name should be typed as you wish for the judges to know in addition to how the contestant desires their name announced publically / utilized for publicity. Example, if your name is Elizabeth Joan Warren and you only desire to be known as Joan Warren please state your name as such.
- State your County and District title completely. Example, write Maumelle County or East Maumelle District Fair. Specify if you are the Miss or Junior Contestant!
- State your home mailing address of the county you reside in. Please list the entire address, including zip codes
- State your age, typing the month, day and year of birth. Tab over twice and provide your age.
- The “Education” field is next! Begin with your current school, adding additional schools thereafter. Be certain to hit “enter” to space your schools out. Adhere to the sample resume.
- The “Scholastic Honors” field is next. Each honor should separated by a semi-colon (;). Please keep in mind only one page may be submitted. List only your most current scholastic honors.
- The “Greatest Achievements and Leadership Achievements” field is next. All information should separated by a semi-colon (;). Please keep in mind only one page may be submitted. List only your most current accomplishments.
- The “Interesting Facts” field is next. Each fact should separated by a semi-colon (;). Please keep in mind only one page may be submitted. The Interesting Facts field should be completed with the contestant giving thought to providing information they feel a judge may never ask them. The contestant should make themselves come alive on paper in this field!
- The “Ambition for the Future” field is next. The contestant’s ambition at this point in their life should be evidently defined. Remember, wishful thinking never hurts anyone!
- The “Queen Question” field is next. The contestant should briefly explain how they would reign as the Arkansas State Fair Queen and touch the lives of others during their reign.
Name: Elizabeth Joan Warren
County / District Title: Miss Maumelle County / Junior Miss Maumelle County
Home Address: 1234 Crown Loop Maumelle, Arkansas 90210
Parents / Guardians: John D. and Joyce Warren
Date of Birth: 02-09- 1999
Education: The University of Arkansas – pursuing Bachelor of Science – Culinary Arts Maumelle High School – Class of 2018
Scholastic Honors: U of A Dean’s List; National Culinary Arts Scholarship recipient; Maumelle Civic Scholarship recipient; High School Honors Graduate; National Merit Finalist;
Greatest Achievements and Leadership Accomplishments: U of A Freshman Class Secretary; High School Student Body President; County 4-H President; District 4-H President; leader of Maumelle Youth Volunteer Organization; elected most likely to succeed by Maumelle graduating class of 2018; achieved status of All-American Cheerleader; accepted invitation to cheer in the 2018 New Year’s Day Rose Bowl Parade; won National Culinary award at Southern Living Culinary Competition finals;
Interesting Facts: Second child in my family to attend U of A – both parents alumni of U of A; the young of three children with a one year age difference in my sister and I; began snow skiing at the age of four; danced at Silver Dollar City from age 5 until present; performed piano recital at the National Performing Arts Center in Washington D.C,; certified life guard; Assistant Manager of the Albert Pike Restaurant and Catering;
Ambition for the Future: My ambition for the future is graduate with honors from the University of Arkansas with a Bachelor of Science in Culinary Arts. Following graduation, I would like to pursue a management position with the Albert Pike Restaurant and Catering. After two to three years experience, I would like to become a manufacturer representative for McCormick Spices.
Why do you wish to become the Arkansas State Fair Queen and how will you utilize this title to shape your life as well as enhancing other’s lives?: Throughout my life, I have exhibited food preparation and food preservation exhibits in my local county fair with the assistance of my grandmother. In addition, I have competed in the pageants and youth talent competitions since the age of 6 months and ten years. Achieving the next step as the Arkansas State Fair Queen would allow me to pursue my goals of volunteering with the youth of my community. In addition, I would be given the opportunity of stressing the importance of the fair industry and all it provides. Should I achieve this title, I will pursue my Master’s Degree in Culinary Arts with the on-line scholarship. The scholarship will not only be providing additional education to myself, moreover allowing me to encourage the youth of our state to pursue their educational aspirations.
Winners and Directors Form
Please complete the following information entirely!!!
Winners and Directors Form
Kick’s Active Wear Order Form
Please complete the following information entirely!!!
Kick’s ACTIVE WEAR ORDER FORM