Check back for updates as we get closer to the 2023 Arkansas State Fair, Oct. 13-22.
To protect everyone’s safety and security, we ask that all of our guests follow our rules and policies.
The Arkansas State Fairgrounds is PRIVATE PROPERTY.
The Arkansas State Fairgrounds reserves the right to search all packages, bags, strollers, clothing, cups, pocketbooks, briefcases, your person, and any other objects deemed to be a possible carrier of any prohibited item(s), destructive, or lethal device.
Weapons (Concealed Carry or Open Carried) are not allowed on the fairgrounds even if you are a Concealed Weapons Permit holder.
Persons wearing offensive or gang related clothing will not be allowed onto the fairgrounds.
The Arkansas State Fair is under the jurisdiction of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, the Little Rock Police Department, and the Arkansas State Police.
Clear Bag Policy
To provide a safe, enjoyable environment for all attendees, the Arkansas State Fair has a mandatory clear bag policy. This policy is similar to those implemented throughout Little Rock, AR and the country, complying with a new level of security expected of large, heavily-attended events and festivals.
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” — a logo no larger than 4.5” x 3.4” can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag [Ziploc bag or similar]
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” — approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items (after proper inspection)
- Diaper bags accompanied with a baby (after proper inspection)
All bags will be subject to search upon arrival and any bags that exceed the permitted size will not be allowed in.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses or clutch bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
- Clear backpacks
- Binocular cases
- Camera cases
- Cinch/drawstring bags
- Fanny packs
- Tinted or printed pattern plastic bags
- Oversized tote bags
- Mesh bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
After 6:00 pm, everyone under the age of 18 is required to be accompanied by an adult (21 and older) to enter the fairgrounds.
We may ask for ID as proof of age. Anyone under 18 without ID who is not accompanied by an adult will not be admitted after 6:00 pm.
Arkansas State Fair staff and security reserves the right to request a valid photo ID with proof of age from any adult chaperoning minors.
Arkansas State Fair staff reserves the right to remove any unaccompanied youth age eighteen (18) years and under from the Arkansas State Fairgrounds after 6:00 pm.
Credentialed youth Fair exhibitors are eligible to be exempt from this admission policy when wearing a designated wristband.
Offensive Clothing Policy
Anyone wearing clothing or jewelry or other personal items that fair management deems offensive or gang-related will not be allowed on the fairgrounds. Exceptions and challenges will be answered at the discretion of fair management.
Security and Safety Policies
Our visitors’ safety is our top concern. Surveillance cameras will be operating throughout the fairgrounds every day of the fair. The property is under jurisdiction of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, the Little Rock Police Department, and the Arkansas State Police.
Items Not Permitted
- Selfie Sticks
- Concealed Weapons (even by permit holders)
- Outside Food and Beverages
- Pets (except service animals, leashed on the campgrounds, or as part of an authorized act or exhibit)
- Tents (unless part of an authorized act or exhibit)
Drones and unmanned aircraft systems
Out of concern for our guests’ safety drones and unmanned aircraft systems, not contracted by the Arkansas State Fair, are strictly forbidden. Fairground events are close to Clinton National Airport, and other public gatherings where drones may pose a threat to safety and security. Law enforcement officials will be notified immediately if this policy is violated.
Soliciting, selling raffle tickets, and posting handbills is strictly prohibited, and is in violation of state statutes and city ordinances.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in these areas: Buildings, Family Land, while standing on line for carnival rides, viewing stands, tents, livestock barns and surrounding areas, and horse arena.
Code of Conduct
- Use proper trash and recycling receptacles.
- Appropriate attire required at all times (shirt and pants, shirt and skirt, or dress, and shoes).
- No alcoholic beverages permitted, including in parking lots.
- No backpacks.
- No concealed weapons (even by permit holders).
- No activities or behavior that could endanger or annoy others (skateboarding, roller blading, bicycling, radios, profanity).
- No exposed underwear or baggy pants below the waist.
- No outside food or beverages.
- No gang-related clothes, colors, signs, jewelry, or activities.
- No loitering, blocking storefronts, or walking groups that inconvenience others.
- No standing on chairs or benches.
- No pets, except service animals approved by the ADA, those leashed on the campgrounds, or those part of an authorized act or exhibit.
- No picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting, or petitioning without approval from fair management.
- No smoking or vaping in any buildings, Family Land, on line at carnival rides, viewing stands, tents, livestock barns and surrounding areas, or the horse arena.
Ticket Sales Policies
- No re-sale or public promotion of Arkansas State Fair tickets.
- All companies, organizations, and individuals are welcome to purchase tickets or ride wristbands.
- Only authorized firms are able to use fair tickets for sale or promotion to the public.
- Consignment or other purchase of tickets are available on the premise that they will be used by the individuals purchasing them, or for employees or immediate family members of companies and organizations purchasing them.
- If we find a violation with our ticket sales policy, we reserve the right to void all tickets purchased.
- All tickets, wristbands, and coupons become void after the last day of the fair.
Photo Policy (Attention Guests on the Fairgrounds)
Smile! Photo, video and audio may be taken for promotional purposes. By entering the Arkansas State Fairgrounds, you consent, waive all rights to royalties and release the Arkansas State Fair of any liability. You agree to your likeness used, published or reproduced in any and all media which can be used, now or in the future, for any purpose by or in connection with the Arkansas State Fair, its sponsors, organizers and providers. For additional information or to opt out of this agreement, consent, waiver and release, please visit guest services or call 501-372-8341.
Exceptions and changes to this policy are at the discretion of Arkansas Livestock Show Association and may be enacted at any time.